end grain chopping boards
End Grain boards are great, they look lovely and they’re without a doubt some of the kindest on knives. To keep them in tip to condition it’s worth bearing in mind a few things.
Our end grain boards are constructed from laminated pieces of European hard woods, the layers are affixed together with food safe glues which are expected to last indefinitely. To ensure that your board lives a long and happy life we ask that you adhere to this advice.
- Do not submerge in water when washing, wiping or scrubbing the surface with a damp cloth and a mild detergent such as our Marseille Soap is recommended, excessive water absorption can cause wood to swell and laminations to separate.
- Do not place on radiator or other heat source to dry, this can lead to laminations drying out and separating. Towel off thoroughly and allow to air dry.
- Avoid allowing boards to sit on wet surfaces, this can lead to unwanted water absorption.
- Avoid placing board too close to hobs, this can lead to unwanted drying out.
- following these simple tips and oiling the surface regularly with a food safe oil will help to keep your End grain Board in tip top condition for years to come.